1. How do you apply to build on Maori land?

Frequently Asked Questions

How do you apply to build on Maori land?

Please see below the required documents for the first home purchase withdrawal if you are building your home on Maori land:

A completed first home purchase withdrawal application form.

Documentation confirming that the land you own is a Maori land and that this has the same meaning as in the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act 1993.

Legal evidence of the right to occupy that Maori land.

Legal agreement for the building of dwelling house, listing you (and your partner, if applicable) as the purchaser.

For more information, please click here.

You must also meet the same criteria for first home withdrawal as listed on the previous section ‘How do you apply for a first home purchase withdrawal?’.