Frequently Asked Questions

Who can witness my statutory declaration?

The following people are authorised under New Zealand law to witness statutory declarations made in New Zealand. You will need to sign a statutory declaration in front of one of these people when you apply for a withdrawal such as a first home withdrawal or retirement withdrawal.

A statutory declaration must be made before:

  • a person enrolled as a barrister and solicitor of the High Court
  • a Justice of the Peace
  • a notary public
  • Registrar or Deputy Registrar of the Supreme Court
  • Registrar or Deputy Registrar of the Court of Appeal
  • Registrar or Deputy Registrar of the High Court or a District Court
  • a member of Parliament
  • some other person as authorised by law

Generate is able to accept statutory declarations made in Australia and witnessed by someone authorised to do so under Australian law.

Please contact us if you have any further questions.